I work as an Assistant Professor at King Abdulaziz University (KAU). I completed my DPhil. (Phd.) in Computer Science from the University of Oxford, UK in 2020. My research interests are: security protocols, Internet security, and applied cryptography. I also hold a MSc. degree in Information Security from University College London (UCL). Previously, I obtained BSc. in Computer Science from KAU.
When I have time I enjoy learning new things, especially those related to computer science. I also enjoy reading and art work. Some of my very old art work can be found here .
I am from Saudi Arabia. I had the pleasure to visit and live in different parts of this world. I visited the US, Singapore (lived for 5 months), Malaysia, Germany, France, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Estonia, Poland, and Egypt. I also lived in the UK for over 6 years.
Some of the interesting career experiences I had are:
- The recipient of the BEST PAPER AWARD at SecureComm 2019. PDF.
- Research internship at SUTD, Singapore in 2018.
- Invited by Google (Munich office) within top selected Phd. and Post-doctoral researchers from around Europe for the Google Web Security Summit 2018.
- The recipient of IEEE R8 Clementina Saduwa Award for Women in Engineering 2015.
- The recipient of the IEEE R8 Exemplary Student Branch Counselor 2015.
- The recipient of a Letter of Thanks from the President of KAU, Prof. Abdulrahman Alyoubi in 2015.
- The founding lecturer of the first Student Hacking Competition at CCIT-KAU in 2015.
- The recipient of a Letter of Thanks from the Dean of CCIT-KAU, Prof. Ibrahim Albidewi in 2010.
- The first Head of the Labs & Technical Support Unit at CCIT-KAU (2008 - 2011).
- The founding lecturer of the Network Lab at the College of Computing & IT (CCIT) in KAU 2007.