I am currently pursuing my DPhil. (Phd.) in Computer Science at the University of Oxford, UK. My research interests are: security protocols, Internet security, and applied cryptography.
I hold a MSc. degree in Information Security from University College London (UCL). My master thesis examined the security of RSA public keys, in particular, it examined the factorable RSA keys issue in TLS servers on the Internet. Previously, I obtained BSc. in Computer Science from King Abdulaziz University KAU.
When I have time I enjoy learning new things, especially those related to computer science. I also enjoy reading and art work. Some of my very old art work can be found here .
I am from Saudi Arabia. I had the pleasure to visit and live in different parts of this world. I visited the US, Singapore (lived for 5 months), Malaysia, Germany, France, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Estonia, Poland, and Egypt. I also lived in the UK for over 6 years.
Some of the interesting career experiences I had are:
- The recipient of the BEST PAPER AWARD at SecureComm 2019. PDF.
- Research internship at SUTD, Singapore in 2018.
- Invited by Google (Munich office) within top selected Phd. and Post-doctoral researchers from around Europe for the Google Web Security Summit 2018.
- The recipient of a Letter of Thanks from the President of KAU, Prof. Abdulrahman Alyoubi in 2015.
- The recipient of IEEE R8 Clementina Saduwa Award for Women in Engineering 2015.
- The recipient of the IEEE R8 Exemplary Student Branch Counselor 2015.
- The founding lecturer of the first Student Hacking Competition at CCIT-KAU in 2015.
- The recipient of a Letter of Thanks from the Dean of CCIT-KAU, Prof. Ibrahim Albidewi in 2010.
- The first Head of the Labs & Technical Support Unit at CCIT-KAU (2008 - 2011).
- The founding lecturer of the Network Lab at the College of Computing & IT (CCIT) in KAU 2007.