I work as an Assistant Professor at the College of Computing & IT at King Abdulaziz University (KAU). I completed a DPhil. (Phd.) in Computer Science from the University of Oxford, UK in 2020. My research are is about web security, combining both usable privacy and security and Internet measurement studies. I also hold a MSc. degree in Information Security from University College London (UCL). Previously, I obtained BSc. in Computer Science from KAU.
When I have time I write and talk at my bit podcast (Arabic podcast about cybersecurity for everyone). I also enjoy learning new things, especially those related to computer science. I also enjoy reading and art work. Some of my very old art work can be found here.
Some of the interesting career experiences I had are:
- The recipient of the BEST PAPER AWARD at SecureComm Conference
- Research internship at SUTD, Singapore in 2018.
- Invited by Google (Munich office) for the Google Web Security Summit.
- The recipient of IEEE R8 Clementina Saduwa Award to recognize women in Engineering.
- The recipient of the IEEE R8 Exemplary Student Branch Counselor.
- The founding lecturer of the first Student Hacking Competition at CCIT-KAU back in 2015.
- The first Head of the Labs & Technical Support Unit at CCIT-KAU (2008 - 2011).
- The recipient of a Letter of Thanks from the Dean of College of Computing & IT (CCIT) at KAU for my distibguished efforts at the Labs & Technical Support Unit.
- The founding lecturer of the Network Lab at the College of Computing & IT (CCIT) at KAU in 2007.